Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Why Teach?

Well, if I can just tell people what books to read and go live in my cave, then why teach at all?  I teach because I need to give back.  No one may need what I am giving, but it does make me feel good and keeps me out of trouble.  I have heard it said that one learns by teaching.  I am not sure this is so for me because I often say things when teaching, that I have no idea how I came up with such a thought.  I drift away from my notes and feel that I have some sudden insight, at least for me.  Later, I cannot even remember what I said unless I write it down.  Are these inspired moments for the listener?  I don't know.  What I know is that I seem to have these insights only when I am actually teaching.  I hope God is in charge.  All of us who are trying to become all that God made us to be, have wisdom from our life and we can pass it on.  We each need to find a way to do this that fits us.  Too bad letter writing is on life support.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, too bad we don't write letters on paper anymore, but I am very thankful for your daily blog posts that would not likely exist without the internet. Have you though of saving and publishing your blogs into a wonderful paper book? I'd buy that and keep it as I do all the wonderful letters from my past. No pressure though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heartily agree with Stacy's idea. I am a daily reader of your blog, and get some much from it. A book would be great!

    ReplyDelete