Friday, September 30, 2016

The Trick

More so when I was much younger, when I stayed up too late, and partied too long, as I could do when younger, I had to work hard the next day to convince people that was I OK.  When I got up the next morning, I went jogging, if I could, and then showered.  This made me "look" better and even feel better.  Then I could go public.  If I tried that now, I would need a body transplant.  I was living in a rather happy world, quite a good world around me, but I was not particularly happy inside.  This experience of life turned into a grace later, because I have people even today who come to me and say that they feel they should be happy, they have so much to be thankful for, but they are not feeling happy.  They come to "Reverend Holy" thinking I have a magic, and quick solution.  I tell them I had that same problem and will have it again, if I am not on a spiritual path of recovery from unhappiness.  I find it uplifting to know that I am not the only person who felt "crazy" about being unhappy.  I have found that even if we know why we are unhappy, such as some past bugaboo, that does not make us happy.  Knowledge in itself does not transform us.  I slog along with my daily meditations, and some other tools I use, and on most days I feel gratitude.  Grace at work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment