Thursday, September 1, 2016

Left Behind

I realize now that I have not left the monastery.  Yes, my body left, and so did a lot of my stuff that I brought up there for the summer.  But something of me did not leave.  This is new for me.  I always seemed to make a nice smooth transition from the monastery to wherever I was going next.  Maybe the rest of me will leave the monastery in time.  At my age, I do not make long range plans.  So far, I feel like a visitor wherever I am.  It is not a terrible feeling, just a different feeling.  I have always been at home in the world of ministry, towns and cities.  There is nothing that has to be solved.  God is at work.  Prayer keeps me from becoming hardened clay.  I will become filled up as God chooses, with what God chooses.  But I do keep jogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment