Wednesday, January 18, 2017

God's Love

The Bible says, in some places, that "God is Love."  Skeptics say that they do not see God loving in this cruel world.  Well, maybe God is loving, but chose to do it very inefficiently.  God decided to love through me, and you.  The reason that God's love is invisible is that we are not so loving.  Fear, resentment, reliving the past, anxiety, self-centeredness can all get in the way of love.  Either God is not very bright, in wanting to love through my actions of loving others, or, God has great hope for me yet.  I prefer the latter.  Whenever I mess up, I try to remember to have hope, that the next time I will do better, be more loving.  Will there be a next time? One can only hope.

1 comment:

  1. Always must have Faith and Hope to extend Love [Charity]: the Trinity manifested in Humankind. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete