Saturday, November 28, 2020

Age

 When people ask me how old I am, I think to myself, do they want chronological or emotional age?  The chronology stays the same or goes upward day by day.  The emotional is all over the place depending on my spiritual condition.  When I am not in a fit spiritual condition, not exercising my spirit in prayer and service, I am emotionally still a teenager or adolescent.  I have even said to the age inquiry, that I am this age in years since birth, and then emotionally 12 years old.  I have gotten all kinds of looks and wry smiles from that response on my part.  Good health habits are an attempt to control my chronological age and good spiritual habits are used to control my emotional age.  One fellow said that he was emotionally minus one.  That is a really bad day!

No comments:

Post a Comment