Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The Now

I am sitting here in my monastery room, at 8,000 Feet altitude.  It is early November and I have my window open letting in the pleasant warm fresh air.  I know that in one week it will be 0 degrees here and snowing, but I don't have to live in one week from now today.  Some  people get all upset when they focus on what will be and fail to enjoy what is in the moment.  I baked bread this morning and the monks did not seem to jump into eating it.  It was OK but not more than that.  It was a Rye and I did not follow the directions exactly.  But that was this morning.  My bread is for the birds, but I don't have to live in this morning.  It is past anyway.  It will not come back.  So I can live in this moment, this pleasant walk on our ranch road, not a person in sight, no wind and no jacket or gloves.  Sun screen yes.  Always sun screen.  So if you had a bit of a failed morning, and nuclear winter is coming, why not just see what is in the moment to enjoy.  It is all we have, the moment.  Enjoy this blog, perhaps? 

2 comments: