Saturday, November 14, 2020

Perfect

Someone said, "Perfect is a concept."  Concepts exist in the mind.  But they are not reality in the sense of the possible in everyday life.  Imperfect is reality.  If you want someone to be perfect then you are living a delusional life and disappointment will follow.  People and situations are imperfect.  We might have a goal of perfection, but I prefer to have one more realistic, which is "improvement."  When I am spiritually, and emotionally unbalanced, I get upset when people are not perfect, which is to do the right thing.  The right thing by definition is what I judge to be the right action.  I decide.  When I am out of sorts, unbalanced, I am always two things, disappointed and resentful.  No happy, joyous and free here.  I am a prisoner of the concept of perfection.  When I am living the 'Real" then I am on the spiritual path, centered on it.  Acceptance is a good response to imperfection in my world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment