Friday, November 27, 2020

Ear Buds

 I try not to judge people who I see walking on a trail or country road, with ear buds on.  Some would say, "Why are they doing that?  They are not in touch with nature.  They are isolating from the world around them."  That would be a judgment.  I have no idea of the why of ear buds.  And it is not my business.  Maybe they are listening to music that connects them even more to their surroundings.  We are all different.  Maybe they are listening to some recording that is expanding them, while at the same time getting some exercise for the body.  Maybe they are bored with walking but know it is good for them or doctor's orders.  Or whatever.  We simply do not know.  I try t simply observe people on my walk or run, and say a prayer for their happiness and well-being.  And wear a mask as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment