Sunday, November 1, 2020

Be You

 Don't strive to be someone else.  It is a waste of energy.   I am most likely to fall into this trap when I read about someone I admire who is doing admirable things, at least as I see it.  I might feel a draw, or even a guilt about doing "more" than what I am doing.  I want to do what they are doing or did.  But is it me?  I live in a monastery.  In terms of fixing the world, helping others to have a better life out there, in terms of justice, freedom and safety, I do nothing.  The world starves, is homeless, unhappy, lonely and so on.  I do nothing.  And so it goes.  But if I do something out of guilt, that will not last long.  If I do something because someone says, "I should," it won't last long.  All that lasts is being ME, the best me I can be.  I do not have to ask what is the purpose of this me.  But I do trust that the best me, the striving to be the best me, will make some contribution to the world and be attractive to someone who is trying to be their best self.  If I cannot love, forgive, care about, accept and be helpful to the person in the next room, what is the point of trying to save the world?  The ego wants to save the world.  The true self loves the neighbor they can see each day.  Happy Birthday to my sister Jane.  

1 comment:

  1. Morning Father from sunny Dorset over the big pond
    It is true Love unconditionally your surroundings like the butterfly the flutter and the vibration of unconditional love will just vibrate out towards humanity
    Today is my brother's birthday- he is an angel who looked after me whilst i was so driven by ego and i lost everything. In my deepest darkest moment he took me and carried me and made me stay in his home and looked after me even till today he is still looking after me he gives a roof over my head a hot meal and unconditional love
    Happy Birthday my dearest brother Angel Ratan
    May the universe bless you with all your wishes
    Thank you father

    ReplyDelete