Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween!

I become a monster when I fail to recognize how little I know.  If I am not on a spiritual path daily, then I tend to be unable to "differentiate the true from the false."  This would be a form of insanity and I exhibit such insanity by making judgments about reality, your reality.  I judge others to be bad people, deeply flawed, overflowing with bad habits, or at least one bad habit that bugs my program for personal happiness.  But as someone said, "I don't know what I don't know."  I make judgments.  I categorize people as flawed, that is, flawed way more than I am.  But, when I am in a fit spiritual condition, I may have opinions pop up in my mind, or feelings well up, that are disconcerting, but I keep my mouth shut.  How I have been saved by silence!  In time, I am surprised to find out the goodness of people that was not so apparent to me in my monster state.  It can be a fine line between charitable critiquing and being a monster.  I have trouble finding that line.  But such is the life of a monster.  Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment