Saturday, October 24, 2020

The Feast

 I like having routines in my day because then I don’t have to spend a lot of time reinventing a schedule.  It allows me to concentrate on prayer in the routine.  Think of when you go on a holiday or tour.  You are out of your routine and find that you spend what was your prayer time and energy on figuring out and planning your day, your schedule for new events, places and times to eat and so on.  You pray less on these excursions.  So prayer is like a feast to which you are invited.  Someone else has planned the meal, set the table, cooked and served.  That is like routine.  All you have to do is show up and enjoy the feast of food.  If you were the cook and host, you would be concerned with many things, like on a vacation.  Make prayer the feast of spiritual food that it can be.  Have daily routines.  It works for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment