Monday, October 5, 2020

Whose Eyes

 If you always see yourself through the eyes of another, that could limit how you see yourself.  For instance, if a person of color always see themselves through the eyes of a white person, it might give them a limited notion of who they are, their value, worth and so on.  I might not be able to change the way people see me, but I can change the way I see myself.  If I wake up and say I am worthless, because someone else thinks that about me, then I am not going to have a very good day, and might act out this view of me.  I like my spiritual path because it says that I am worthwhile, precious and loved, even while I am asleep.  So when I wake up, even if no one would be reading my blogs, I am thankful before I get out of bed, for the love I am receiving.  Then I am more likely to get up and act lovingly and be of service to others because I value myself and them.  So if you say you are no good, through whose eyes did you learn that?  

1 comment: