Friday, October 30, 2020

Outside Honor

Worship is a way, and a rather easy one, to honor your God on the outside, your outsides.  A Buddhist can honor Buddha and one another by sitting in meditation.  Outside stuff.  But it seems to me that the wisdom teachings speak about the harder way to honor, and that is: change your insides.  Say what?  Well, in my religion, Jesus says, "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I command?"  Spiritual paths, be there a God, or Gods or not, are fundamentally about changing one's life from self-centered to other-centered.  It is all about love.  I see a loving manner in people who say they don't believe, whereas I see an unloving manner in many people who say they do believe and worship.  I try to do both, but the harder way is the interior way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment