Thursday, October 15, 2020

Is To Ought

I try to live a spiritual life that will bring me from what I am to what I ought to be, or from is to ought.  I don't mean ought in a guilt-ridden sense, but in the sense of becoming what my unique gifts and talents call me to be, the individual God created.  Potential is just that until you live it.  When I look at the practices of other religions that is what I ask.  Not so much is it true in dogma and doctrine.  What do they do?  What do they practice that brings them from is to ought?  I ask this of course from my own religion.  I can get stuck in safe routines, staying in a comfort zone.  Many a believer looks for just such a parish to call their own.  They like the safe routines and not being asked to do things that challenge their comfort zones.  They want their faith and practice to have a certainty, which of course is neither faith nor very challenging toward growth.   They would be upset if the mass schedule changed.   In this Coronavirus time our routines have changed.  So ask yourself what can you do or learn from this that will move you from is to ought.  The virus has messed up the "IS."  But not the "OUGHT."

No comments:

Post a Comment