Friday, October 2, 2020

Which More?

 There are several wisdom sayings that have as their theme, "more" can be problematic.  For instance, blessed are the poor and woe to the rich you hear in various spiritual circles and paths.  What is that all about?  I don't think that it is in praise of poverty in material stuff and money, or a condemnation of wealth per se.  I think it is about our goals no matter our circumstances in terms of material stuff.  Many people are unhappy with a lot and with a little.  The point upon which I focus is that wisdom is in becoming more and not in having more.  Be more of all you are meant to be in heart.  This includes love, compassion, empathy, sense of oneness with all beings.  No amount of things or lack of things is going to develop these interior qualities.  Today's "more" is that I have time to work on my focus.  Is it the interior life or the exterior stuff?  I need to find the balance so that I am truly working on becoming the better person.  So I start the day with some silence and then some solitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment