Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Time

 In the Book of the Bible, in my Bible, called Ecclesiastes, in Chapter three, it talks about the right time for everything.  Everything has a time.  There is a time to be silent and a time to speak.  It fits me.  I have spoken, or spoken too much, when it was not my time.  I either get ignored or the subject gets changed.  I have spoken when my opinion had not the silence to be sufficiently thought out.  Now, in the monastery, I find it is time to be silent.  Not 24 hour a day hermit silent, but it is a time for me, a good time for me, to be more silent.  As we enter into the winter months here in the mountains, it does seem to quiet down overall in the monastery.  Of course, Covid helps, as we have no visitors.  I can still do Zoom talks from my monastery.  Has the Coronavirus given you a time for silence that fits you at this point in your spiritual program?

No comments:

Post a Comment