Monday, October 19, 2020

Like A Stream

 There is a proverb that says a good heart is like a stream that in the hand of God can be moved in whatever direction God chooses.  I like that image.  The stream follows the contour of the land.  The only time it breaks away is when there is an earthquake or a major deluge of rain.  The earthquake reforms the banks of the stream and the rain causes the water to over flow the banks.  To stay a stream in God's hand I must not let the little things of life become earthquakes or deluges.  I must keep some emotional equilibrium.  Some circles would call it emotional sobriety.  My will always overflows God's will when I am afraid, angry, judgmental because of what someone did in relation to me, and resentful over and over.  Then I become like destructive waters.  So I need to practice a spiritual program of some silence and stillness each day.  If not, then my heart becomes like a flying kite that is attached to nothing.  It just goes hither and yon, singular and isolated from anything and anyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment