Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Feeling Invisible

If you feel ignored, invisible, or overlooked, my religion might be just right for you.  There is a story where a fellow named Nathanael, out of curiosity, comes from sitting under a tree, and approaches Jesus in another part of town.  Jesus says that he saw Nathanael sitting under the fig tree.  But Jesus was no where in sight of the tree or Nathanael when he was sitting under it.  Well, this gets Nathanael's attention and he begins to follow Jesus.  Why? Maybe because Nathanael, like many of us, was feeling ignored and invisible to the world around him.  Jesus is saying you are never invisible or ignored by Jesus.  Now if Jesus is truly Risen and Alive, as Christians believe, then you are never invisible or unimportant to him.  You are never nobody to Jesus in my religion.  I keep this in mind during these Covid times of separation and living at a monastery.  Sometimes I wonder if I have been forgotten by the world out there.  Certainly I am ignored.  Who bothers to think about a guy living in a mountain monastery.  We all have other more pressing issues.  But I know that Jesus is with me.  Of course, when I am bad, this can be a problem.  So I had better be good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment