Friday, October 9, 2020

Take The Body

 Action goes before thought in many a good circumstance.  For instance, if I think about exercising I won't do it or will postpone it until my mind gets around to a "yes".  So I just exercise.  I don't think about it.  After the exercise I feel good and the mind then says, "Oh, this is a good idea."  Sit down to study.  Don't think about studying.  Don't think about visiting the dentist or doctor.  Call and make an appointment.  Then the mind will be glad that the body did the action. Call a friend.  Don't think about it. In bad things, it is the opposite.  If you act first, have "just one drink" and then think about it later, much later, for too many of us, you will regret action before thinking.  My mind seems to know many bad things and avoids them, though not all.  But for good things, my mind needs to deliberate, endlessly, even if it will finally decide for a "YES!"  By then it might be too late for the good thing.  

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Thank you Father Terry Ryan! I am not going to think about this . . . instead just say that you are having a major impact on my life thru you blogs and homilies, sense of humor, and example. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete