Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving

 Well, Happy Thanksgiving to all those who are celebrating our USA Thanksgiving.  Though this Thanksgiving Day may be quite different for many of us in Coronavirus times, I hope for gratitude and being of service is part of my day.  Instead of getting together with my California Sister, Jane and her family, I am celebrating with the monks of the monastery where I am now staying.  Since it is my first Thanksgiving dinner with them I await their customs and food.  I will help, maybe in baking some bread which would be minor, given turkey and all the trimmings.  I hope that I don't compare and  contrast with my sister's cooking, but rather enjoy the newness of what is before me.  Expand my Thanksgiving horizons is my plan for the day.  I try to celebrate what I have and not what I do not have.  Be sober.  Be healthy.  

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Father Ryan. :) I have nothing but gratitude for all that you share, teach and lead by example - thank you doesn't quite cover it, but I thank you regardless. Lots of love heading your way across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Father Terry for your blog and ministry! Have a wonderful day. Perhaps the monks have a tradition of chocolate cake at Thanksgiving???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give gratitude and thankfulness everyday for every little path in my journey that makes its a memorable one I cherish every breath that i draw for it could by my last one as they say you are only a breath away
    Have a fab and awesome week

    ReplyDelete