Sunday, November 8, 2020

In Sequence

In AA's Twelve Steps, I don't think the eleventh step on prayer and meditation is going to happen until Step Ten has been done first.  You won't meditate until you have ceased to fight anything and anyone.  That is Step Ten goal.  I find this axiom works for all of us, not just recovering addicts.  We need a certain peace of mind, resentment-free, if we are going to be in the now moment of meditation.  If I am just rehashing yesterday or yesteryear for that matter, I lack the energy and focus for the now moment in which meditation takes place.  The number 10 comes right before the number 11in an ordered universe.  So if I am trying something and it is simply not working, I ask myself what did I leave out leading up to the present task?  The number 11 is a numeral in something larger than itself.  I am a person in a universe larger than me, and I am not its center.   

No comments:

Post a Comment