Sunday, November 1, 2020

All Saints

 Two generations after we die, we are pretty much forgotten by this world.  But for me, I am always remembered by my God.  This gives me some comfort and direction on this Feast of All Saints Day in my church.  And the saints remember one another and we them, always.  My Mom, Dad, Big Sis Maureen, are all among the Saints for me.  So why spend so much energy on this earth doing things for which I would be famous?  It is all ego, and fear of oblivion.  Why not work rather for this God who never forgets me, and asks humility and daily faithfulness in love of those around me.  Love does not carry fame with it for most of us.  Fame is fleeting, but love somehow endures and is a lot more selfless.  Energy spent trying to be important, significant in they eyes of those who will soon pass on themselves, seems like such a s waste of time and energy.  Better to love them and let life pass.  And I hope while life is moving along, you enjoy that extra hour you get as you turned back your clocks.  You did turn back your clock, did you not?  Except in Arizona and lots of other places outside the USA.  I am enjoying a good early morning sunrise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment