Monday, November 9, 2020

Stars

 Now that it stays dark for so long into the early morning, I can go out and look at the stars at 5:30 AM after Vigils and meditation.  Two things come to mind when I look up.  I am small and insignificant.  That is one thing in two parts.  The second thing is that I am loved by the One who made all this.  So I am not so insignificant.  It becomes even more amazing to think that this Wow in the heavens would ever become a human being on this tiny rock spinning around in space. This all keeps my ego in check.  I don’t have to try to prove myself.  I am too small in this vastness to be so much, but I am loved. Would you not rather be loved than be a big deal, with lots of control and power?  Living in the country, away from lights and pollution has its benefits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment