Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Basics

From time to time I hear someone say, "Let's get back to basics."  Humm.  Why did you leave the basics in the first place, so that now you have to get back to them?  Are you so advanced that you forgot how you got "advanced" in the first place?  The ego is always looking for a way to get center stage, the spotlight.  I try to keep "the basics" in the spot light, center stage, on a daily basis.  Whenever my thinking says I am advanced, I am usually on the way out of practice, rather than on the way up.   So I leave advanced to others.  I try to start each day the same way that I did when I first was climbing out of the hole I had dug in bad behavior or bad thinking, or emotional turmoil.  We do certain basics when we exercise, shop, cook, work if we want things to go well.  I have found it so.  Stay with your basics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment