Wednesday, November 25, 2020

An Imperfect Day

 A person said to me that today is another imperfect day to enjoy.  Oh how true.  Why do things have to be perfect, go my way, for me to be happy.  Every day is imperfect if that is my criterion.  But I have the gift of the day and can just enjoy it.  This is the day before Thanksgiving in the USA.  Maybe you are making plans and feeling stressed that things won't all go as you want or hope.  Maybe you lack plans, shut down by Covid 19.  "Thanksgiving is going to be so lonely," or "So stressful," or "What is there to be thankful  for anyway."  Well, you can make your resentment list or get onto the pity-pot, and surely you will have a bad day today.  But I will try to do what my friend suggested.  I have the gift of still being around and I will not take this imperfect day for granted.  I shall enjoy it and not try to fix the universe...not today anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment