Monday, November 16, 2020

Fear

Fear is when you are thinking all about you.  It is therefore called self-centered fear.  I can be fearful for someone else, but it is not quite the same as the terror about my own demise.  I might worry that loved ones are out in grizzly country.  But I am really scared witless when confronted with a grizzly myself.  You don't ask yourself at that moment why you are frightened.  It is not a time for self-reflection.  Self-centered fear is identified often by the ability to ask myself why I am frightened.  I have some energy to reflect.  That is when I see it is usually about me, what I am getting that I don't want or what I am not getting that I do want, or some other happiness program that might think you will benefit if I get what I want.  So each day I work on the things that tend to bring up self-centered fear into my life.  Dropping control is usually a good thing to ward off fear.   

No comments:

Post a Comment