Friday, October 18, 2013

First Class

I was traveling from Charleston, South Carolina recently.  I highly recommend you visit this historic city, but leave your diet at home.  Great food, but back to my point.  I noticed how there are all these levels of customer on the airlines.  Marketing is a lot about separating us, giving us a sense of difference in status and perks.  The airlines are not so crass to call anyone "Second Class," in the lineup to get onto the plane, but you kind of get the feeling that if you don't spend the money to upgrade your status, you will be among the few "unwashed" left to get on the plane just before they close the door.  I was the lowest level, given a number rather than a word title.  In ship travel, you are called first, second, and I think third class, but I cannot remember.  It is so unreal, but so western and secular.  We are all one.  We all go to the toilet and we all die.  We are all so much cosmic dust.  When I finally get onto the plane, with no luggage of course, I meditate, so as to get back to the real.

No comments:

Post a Comment