Thursday, June 16, 2022

8th Grade Graduation

In my memorabilia I discovered a memory book of pictures and quotes from fellow 8th graders in my book.  I also discovered that I had written in my vital statistics.  I had a 28 inch waist.  What happened!  On another page I saw listed the three things I wanted to be when I grew up.  The first choice was “PRIEST.”  What!  I don’t remember writing that when I was 14.  I have at times thought that God took me on only because I was not much good or successful at anything else.  but now I realize that it was my destiny.  I am what I am suppose to be.  God has been after me for a long time.  But maybe all my drifting here and there, my life-time friends, different road experiences, were all part of a blessing to make me a better priest.  So don’t beat yourself up about “wasting time,” because it might have been all those experiences that gave you the depth to do more fully, your destiny.   

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift to your future self and I'm so grateful that we share one of those roads. You are a tremendous blessing in my life and countless others. I'm so grateful for you and your blog, thank you and hugs across the miles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God was helping you pack you suitcase for life.

    ReplyDelete