Sunday, June 19, 2022

Terry’s Day Off

 A true day off for me is to wake up after a good sleep but not have to get up.  No alarm.  No pressing agenda.  Nothing better,  Nothing more rare in my monastery life.  A day off is not about waking to pressing agendas, yours or others for you, that are outside your normal routines or normal job.  Those might be good days, precious days, but not “days off.”  I think many of us need such a day in our life here and there.  I do.  Does the monastery allow for it?  Uh, let’s not go there.  If I have to burn for a day off here and there, so be it.  Genesis says God took off the 7th day.  Once a week.  I am not that greedy for a day off.  But that nothing better feeling than a day off is precious.  Take the day off.  Blame me.  

1 comment:

  1. Profound! Thank u for your wise perspective!

    ReplyDelete