Saturday, June 11, 2022

A Life

 People tell me that they do not like Christianity because of all the doctrine and rules.  I think my Catholicism is first of all a life, a way of life.  I call it the “Mystical Life.”  What?  Yes, it means Non-duality, ultimate Oneness.  Do I experience this every day? No, but I have my moments.  I think the way to experience and live this Oneness with all around me, is through meditation.  Meditation comes before catechism.  Unfortunately, my religion tends to teach catechism first and never really gets around to meditation.  The idea of “All things in Christ,” makes no sense, or only a catechism answer sense, unless one has a spiritual life rooted in meditation.  The experience begins within one’s depth, with the process of death to self-focus, and then it begins to be lived in fits and starts in everyday life.  Holy Communion was supposed to help, but got then prelates and clerics got all caught up in who is in and who is out.  Not the road to non-duality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment