Monday, June 6, 2022

The Swimming Pool

 Recently, I had access to a swimming pool.  At first, I was going to pass it up because I don’t do swimming pools in my monastery life.  Then I thought, “Why not try it?”  The water was not cold, nor the pool crowded.  No lane sharing.  I swam some laps and felt ok.  No soreness.  I wore goggles so my eyes were protected.  Then I began to run in deep water, with my feet not touching the bottom of the pool.  I had a weight-bearing device for that.  It all felt good.  When I got out, I was not sore in joint or muscle.  Usually, after running on the soft ground of the monastery, I am a bit sore.  After the pool, no need to stretch.  The next day, I was still feeling good.  Sometimes, I just have to get out of my routines and try something different or new.  Now, I need to find a monastery with a pool!  With a deep end.  Dream on.  But still, good to try something new that is safe.  Routines can become ruts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment