Monday, June 27, 2022

A Hand Of Water

 You have today.  Tomorrow, today will be gone, like water cupped into your hand, running through, not to be recovered.  Today, you can get some things accomplished, but not everything, just like drinking water from a cupped hand.  You don’t get all of it.  It is the nature of water in a cupped hand.  It is reality.  Fantasy says I can do all I want or “must” do.  In fact, I am a mere human, fallible, limited.  Fantasy dies in our limits.  A spiritual connection today helps me to limit my “more” in which I thought I could do more and more.  Or I think I can be all things to all the wants of everyone around me.  Then I cannot wait for the burden of today to end.  Today started out as a gift.  Then it became a burden of stuff.  What happened?  I thought I could drink all of the water cupped into my hand.  I thought I could satisfy all the greedy wants of others, and myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment