Thursday, June 30, 2022

A Drop

 Today, I hope to be a drop of love.  Some people are parched, and a drop is more than nothing for them, even if they do not notice.  I won’t worry about the results of my drop. I won’t wallow in, “I should do more.”  My drop may be what I can do, and it is better than a bucket of self-interest, self-pity, or bondage to self.  I recall a fellow nailed to a cross, lingering near death, not being able to do much of anything.  Then he poured out a drop of love.  He said, “Forgive them.  They know not what they do.”  And those to whom he spoke it did not hear him.  The results seemed nil.  He died.  But those words are remembered still today by many people.  That drop of love is a consolation for many.  So be a drop of love.  Don’t worry about results.  You never know.  Don’t call it “too little.”  You might be surprised.  The fellow who died on the cross.  They say he rose from the dead.  Everyone around you is bearing some cross.  Be a drop.  You never know.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I could read this every day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. uvo uvam vivendo varia fit

    ReplyDelete