Thursday, June 2, 2022

More Time

 We say "I want more time."  That is, we don't want to die just yet.  For what do we want more time?  Think about how much time you spend looking at TV or your smart phone.  Each day!  To what extent are they distractions? And distractions from what?  For instance, it might be to ward off loneliness, or a sense of unimportance in your world.  I have found those feelings in my life, but looking at a screen does not bring happiness.  Only diversion.  What someone suggested is that we need a pair of spiritual walking shoes to get onto a path of fulfillment.  Spiritually, I try to walk out or away from focus on self, centered on self.  When I meditate, read some spiritual literature, I am avoiding this self-implosion, and spiritually walking toward making the world a better place after my meditation, and sometimes even in my meditation.  Occasionally, the remote will inform me constructively.  But most of the time it deforms me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment