Thursday, June 9, 2022

Baking Adjustments

 I just finished baking and eating a loaf of bread.  Instead of baking in the monastery oven, I was baking in a convection oven, that was true to its temperature setting, and at sea level.  So I adjusted and tried something new.  I had fresh rosemary and basil growing in the backyard of the home where I was baking.  I had a bigger Dutch oven than at the monastery.  So, I added the herbs after the bread rose twice, quite quickly.  Then I baked for a shorter period of time than in the mountains.  All worked out magnificently.  If you are placed in different circumstances, you adjust for baking, so why not adjust for people.  Not everyone is the same, so why would I act the same toward everyone.  I may be the same person, as I am the same baker, but the person in front of me is not the same as everyone else around me.  I just saw the movie,”CODA.”  Oscar winner.  A must.  

No comments:

Post a Comment