Sunday, June 12, 2022

A Focus

 The energy behind fear, in part, is a focus on what I lack or where I feel pain.  I fear a loss or a lack of something.  I feel pain, physical or emotional.  This may all be true on any one day, but if I focus on loss or pain then I will live in fear.  Not good for me.  So when I wake up and at some points in the day, I try to remind myself, call to attention, what is positive in my life.  The phrase, “counting my blessings” comes to mind.  My attitude, my emotional energy can ruin my day, and the day of others around me.  Oblivion is a solution to fear, but it is short term and can even be terminal.  It will result in more pain and loss.  So I work on the prayer of counting my blessings.  You who read my blog are a blessing for me today.  

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Father Ryan! Your blog always starts off my day prior to meditation and is at the top of my gratitude list. Thank you for you and your incredible blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog and morning coffee are my daily ticket

    ReplyDelete