Friday, June 17, 2022

Rain

I have lived so long in the Western side of the Rockies, that I have forgotten how wonderful, and mesmerizing is a gentle New York rainy day.  Growing up in New York, rainy days were boring.  No fun.  Could not go to the beach.  Outdoor sports were discomforting and messy.  I prayed for sunshine to cooperate with my plans.  Now I pray for rain out West.  In White Plains, NY recently, we had that gentle but continuing rain.  I welcomed it, the smells and sounds of it.  So when something seems boring to you and useless, upsetting your plans, judge not.  What does not cooperate with your plans, your world at the moment, might be a blessing for someone else.  Except black ice.  But even that is part of the result of snow or rain.  Right Knoxville, TN?

No comments:

Post a Comment