Friday, August 9, 2024

Living On The Edge

 I tend to live on the edge.  What is that?  I speak publicly without a script in front of me, no teleprompter either.  So if I make a mistake, a fact wrong, or lose my train of thought, everyone knows it instantly.  And it can effect everything else that I say.  Instead of listening for me nuggets of wisdom, people are thinking, "Oh he is such a nice priest, but getting up there in years.  Time to retire him."  But I continue to speak without a script in sermons and zoom or facebook talks.  In my blogs I make typo mistakes, and don't see them even with proofreading.  Yet, I don't think it is time to leave the pulpit, or exit social media.  I know a bit about what our President is going through.  A couple of people prefer me to hang in there.  So I do.  

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Father Ryan. I love this message, love you, love that I get the joy of reading your blog every morning and connecting. 🤗 As my mom says, I love you just as you are. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is not your time. Your daily reminder to get out of ourselves is cherished. Thank you for hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes… you’re human. Maybe a bit older… certainly not a crime! Sad that President Biden was treated the way he was. Happy that he can move on & focus on other things. I’m always grateful for your focus & most valuable work. Thank you 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang tough!💪🏼

    ReplyDelete